Before Applying for Graduation
Contact your Academic Advising Center to verify your anticipated timeline to meet graduation requirements.
Apply for Graduation
- Log in to mybyui.edu and navigate to the “student” tab. Click on the link to the graduation application found on the left side OR select “graduation” on the main menu of the Student Life mobile app and select “apply to graduate.”
- On the application select the semester all degree and university requirements will be complete as the “graduation” semester.
- To participate in Graduation ceremonies, indicate the semester to “walk” in Commencement and Convocation. Options for walking include the semester all requirements are met OR one semester before or after.
To check the Status of your application
- Log back into the online application portal.
Graduation Candidates planning to walk in Commencement ceremonies
- Order a cap and gown from Herff-Jones. Early bird pricing available, check vendor site for details.
- Cap, gown, and Convocation name cards are available for pickup at Grad Fest.
- Order or pick up Commencement tickets from the Ticket Office for family and other guests. Tickets are not required for Convocation. Tickets are not required for graduates for any Graduation ceremony.
- Verify the location, date, and time of Convocation. Take your name card to Convocation (available for pickup at Grad Fest).
- Inform family and guests of the location, dates, and times of Graduation events. Remind them of the appropriate dress and grooming for Graduation ceremonies and to be seated at least 30 minutes prior to start of Commencement and 10 minutes prior to the start of Convocation.
*Diploma covers are distributed at Convocation ceremonies. If you are not participating in Convocation, visit the Student Records and Registration office (Kimball Building, Suite 190) to pick up a diploma cover prior to leaving campus. Those not in Rexburg can request one via email.