Before Applying for a Degree or Certificate
Contact the Academic Advising Center to verify your anticipated timeline to meet degree or certificate requirements.
How to Apply for Graduation
- Log into byui.edu and click on the “Degree Audit” quick link (you may have to click “See All”).
- Note: Pathway students who do not have a "mybyui.edu" account use a separate online form.
- Click “Diploma or Certificate Application” and then “Add new Application.”
- Select the credential that you would like to apply for.
- On the application select the semester all degree or certificate and university requirements will be complete as the “graduation” semester.
- Select the semester in which you would like to participate in the graduation ceremonies.
- Note: Certificate only applicants are not eligible to participate in ceremonies.
- Add the address that you will be able to receive your diploma at 6-8 weeks after final grades post. If you plan to move before then, please add your future address or the address of someone who you can retrieve the diploma or certificate from.
- Review the information for accuracy and save the application.
To check the Status of your application
- Log back into the online application portal.
Graduation Candidates planning to walk in Commencement ceremonies
- Order a cap and gown from Herff-Jones. Early bird pricing available, check vendor site for details.
- Cap, gown, and Convocation name cards are available for pickup at Grad Fest.
- Order or pick up Commencement tickets from the Ticket Office for family and other guests. Tickets are not required for Convocation. Graduates do not need tickets for any graduation ceremony.
- Verify the location, date, and time of Convocation. Take your name card to Convocation (available for pickup at Grad Fest).
- Inform family and guests of the location, dates, and times of Graduation events. Remind them of the appropriate dress and grooming for Graduation ceremonies and to be seated at least 30 minutes before Commencement and 10 minutes before Convocation.
*Diploma covers are distributed at Convocation ceremonies. If you are not participating in Convocation, visit the Student Records and Registration Office (Kimball Building, Suite 190) to pick up a diploma cover prior to leaving campus. Those not in Rexburg can request one via email.