Academic Annual Copyright License from Copyright Clearance Center
It is important that BYU-Idaho campus community follow the university policy for use of copyrighted material on campus. It can be challenging to ensure that faculty, students, and other staff members have the rights they need to use and share the content they need without wondering if it's legal. To facilitate this process, the university has adopted the Academic Annual Copyright License (ACL) from the Copyright Clearance Center (CCC) to provide content users campus-wide with the copyright permissions they need in a single, multi-use license. This license provides faculty, librarians, students, and administrative staff with comprehensive, institution-wide coverage for the reuse of text-based content in both print and electronic formats for educational and research purposes. There are over a million titles included in the license repertory, and this list continues to grow with as many as 25,000 titles per month.
- Library reserves (print and electronic)
- I-Learn postings
- Classroom handouts
- Coursepacks (print and electronic)
- Non-educational uses (e.g., promotional and advertising)
- Copyrighted material covered by the CCC Annual Copyright License, but subject to individual publisher restrictions as noted in the license.
- The Annual Copyright License greatly reduces the time spent securing copyright permissions. With the searchable online catalog, users can verify coverage in seconds. So instead of ordering individual permissions and managing invoices, staff members can use and share content with confidence and dedicate more time to higher-value activities.
- Uniform set of pre-approved usage rights for paper and electronic coursepacks, course management system postings, classroom handouts, electronic library reserves, research collaboration, and administrative and faculty communication.
- Broadened awareness of intellectual property on campus. The license also demonstrates a good faith effort by the university in being compliant with copyright laws.
How To Check If A Title Is Covered By The License
pyright Clearance Center (CCC), Go to the Annual Copyright License search page: https://rightfind.copyright.com/rs-ui-web
Go to RightFind Academic at rightfind.copyright.com:
*If you're prompted to log in, simply enter your credentials. If you don't have an existing account, you can register for one by clicking on the orange button labeled "Register Your Account."
Search for a publication:
1) Enter the Publication Title of Standard Number (ISBN/ISSN) of the publication you wish to use.
2) Search for keywords to surface results related to your topic of choice.
3) Use our advanced search functionality to peruse titles by author, publisher, and more.
In the search results, the most frequently requested publications are displayed first. Annual Copyright License coverage is shown to the right of the search results.
- Covered by CCC Annual License
The type of use selected is covered under your Annual Copyright License
- Covered by CCC Annual License (with Special Terms)
The type of use selected includes special terms from the copyright holder. To view the special terms associated with the publication, simply click the "TERMS" link.
- Not Covered
The type of user selected is not covered under your Annual Copyright License.
Tip: In some cases, if the title for which you're searching is not covered under the license, you might still be able to purchase permissions through copyright.com. To do this, click the "view more uses" link on the right side of the search results page. If you see a "Price and Order" button on the right side of this page, simply click this button to view your permissions options on copyright.com. Note: this option will not always be available.
For a tutorial that walks through the setup of the website: CCC How-To Video