Dedicated in December 2010 after approximately three years of construction, the BYU-Idaho Center has become the university's central gathering place. With nearly 435,000 square feet of space, this multi-purpose building is essentially two facilities in one, containing a 15,000-seat auditorium and a large, multi-use activities center. The auditorium is home to weekly devotionals. Read more about the history of the BYU-Idaho Center.
- It took 13 weeks just to deliver seats at a rate of 2 semi-trucks per day.
- There is 17,000 yards of carpet for just auditorium room.
- The two auditorium screens measure 34 x 19 feet.
- Total square feet: 434,859.
- Roof: 4 acres.
- Pounds of steel: 14 million.
- Auditorium seating: 15,000.
- Auditorium stage: 106 feet wide.
- Light fixtures: 7,000.
- Toilets: 212.
- Concrete: 25,500 yards, enough to build a sidewalk 6 feet wide and 70 miles long.