Student Representative Council
The Student Representative Council helps develop school culture at BYU-Idaho. We represent the voice of the students by actively participating in administrative councils, understanding the current desires of students, and building disciple leaders.
How We Accomplish Our Mission
- Actively participate in administrative councils
- Conduct surveys to understand the needs and interests of students
- Hold focus groups about university-related issues
- Work with Student Living on projects that help to develop a school culture
- Act as a communicator between the administration and the student body
- Seek to develop disciple leaders through service and leadership opportunities
The Student Representative Council is not an elected group of students. Prospective council members undergo an interview process. Council interviews are held at the end of each semester and will be advertised through the SRC social media pages. Previous council members must re-interview to join the Student Representative Council the next semester. We seek to provide SRC opportunities to as many students as possible.