What are Dining Dollars?
Money added to your I-card specifically reserved for on-campus food purchases.
What are the benefits?
- Usable at all Food Service venues
- Convenient and fast; no need to carry cash
- Roll over from semester to semester
Where can I use them?
- The Crossroads located on the second floor of the Manwaring Center
- Open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. and Saturday @ Chick-fil-A only 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Venues have specific hours of operation. Grab & Go items are available anytime the Crossroads is open.
- MC Market located on the first floor of the Manwaring Center
- Open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Freshen's Smoothies, Deli & Bagels located on the first floor of the Manwaring Center
- Open Monday- Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Cafe Snow located in the Snow Building
- Open Monday - Friday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Garden View Cafe located in the Ricks Building
- Open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
How do I use Dining Dollars?
Your campus ID card (I-Card) will be credited with the amount of Dining Dollars corresponding with your purchase. Hand the cashier your I-card each time you make a food purchase and your account balance will be reduced by the cost of your purchase. You can use your Dining Dollars to purchase food any time our retail dining facilities are open and as many times a day as you like. You decide when, where, and how to use your Dining Dollars.
How many Dining Dollars do I need?
Your personal preferences, eating habits, time of day, and venue choice help determine the amount of Dining Dollars you will need. The average cost for a typical meal is approximately $6.50. Try considering your daily routine. Do you eat three meals a day? Will your class schedule, studying, extracurricular activities, and social events interfere with dining? Will you miss dinner due to employment or evening classes? Anticipating the answers to these and similar questions will help you to select a level that best fits your lifestyle and needs.
Dining Dollar Terms and Conditions:
- If a refund of Dining Dollars is requested within two (2) weeks of purchase, there is no charge for processing. After the two week period, a processing fee of $35 will be charged. The balance of Dining Dollars will be refunded minus the $35 processing fee.
- Dining Dollars roll over from semester to semester and expire after 1 year from the last time the Dining Dollars are used.
- If a student leaves BYU-Idaho for missionary service and has unused Dining Dollars, they can be held for their return. Please send a request for a missionary hold to email@example.com.
**Please Note: All campus eateries are closed on Sundays and have limited hours of operation. To meet student meal needs, grab & go and meal replacement food items are available for purchase during weekday and Saturday hours. Please verify a venue's hours of operation when planning your meal needs.