Receiving & Sending Mail at BYU-Idaho
It is essential that all mail coming to or being sent from BYU-Idaho has a properly formatted address that will help us quickly identify you and your department. For additional information regarding student mail at Centre Square apartments, please visit the link below.
All properly formatted addresses include:
Unique Zip Code "83460"
- Required to have a valid university address
- Using the correct zip code for BYU-Idaho avoids unnecessary delays, mail being marked as "Undeliverable as Addressed", and mail being returned to sender by the United States Postal Service
Department 4-Digit Stop Code
- Individually assigned to each department
- Quickly identifies both the building and department of an employee
- Eliminates guessing and allows mail to be processed and delivered efficiently
Download a printable version of the Receiving and Sending Mail Guidelines for your office.
Sending Mail Requirements
- Return address should always be placed in the upper left corner away from the delivery address
- Full name of the university needs to be spelled out completely
- Return address should include "83460" and your department mail stop
- Use a uniform left align format for both the return address and delivery address on each mail piece
Minimum Return Address Example
When formatting your return address, required lines are a, b, and e. The rest are optional but also good department information. Please see example:
a) Department Name
b) Name of University spelled out
e) City, state, "83460" zip code and department Mail Stops
Complete Shipping Address Example
When ordering online some website forms only allow you to enter up to 3 lines, and may or may not allow you to enter your stop code next to the zip code.
Lines a, d, and e, include necessary information specific to you and your department.
This is just an example, and needs to be customized to a specific person or department. Contact Mail Services if you need assistance.
a) Your name or name of your department
d) Our physical shipping/receiving address including stop code Mail Stops
e) City, state, and "83460" zip code
If at any time you need assistance or have any questions, please let us help you. If your department is moving or you have questions regarding your department mail stop code contact Mail Services at the Auxiliary Services building.
The office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 AM - 5 PM. Call 208.496.2630 or 208.496.2631 or contact by email at email@example.com.