Receiving & Sending Mail at BYU-Idaho
It is essential that all mail coming to or being sent from BYU-Idaho has a properly formatted address that will help us quickly identify you and your department.
All properly formatted addresses include:
Unique Zip Code "83460"
- Necessary to have a valid university address
- Not using the correct zip code can cause delays or for mail to be marked "Undeliverable as Addressed" and returned to sender by the USPS.
Department 4-Digit Stop Code
- Assigned to each department
- Quickly identifies the building and department of an employee
- Helps to eliminate guessing and allows mail to be processed and delivered efficiently
Download a printable version of the Receiving and Sending Mail Guidelines for your office.
Sending Mail Requirements
- Return address should be in the upper left corner away from the delivery address
- Full name of the university needs to be spelled out completely and return address should include "83460" and your department mail stop
- Both the return address and delivery address should have a uniform left margin
Minimum Return Address Example
When formatting your return address, at a minimum you should use lines a, b, and e:
a) Department Name
b) Name of University spelled out
e) City, state, "83460" zip code and department mail stop
Complete Shipping Address Example
When ordering online some website forms only allow you to enter up to 3 lines, and may or may not allow you to enter your stop code next to the zip code.
At a minimum you should use lines a, d, and e, customized to a specific person or department:
a) Your name or name of your department
d) Our physical shipping/receiving address including stop code
e) City, state, and "83460" zip code
If your department is moving or you have questions regarding your department mail stop code contact Mail Services at the Auxiliary Services building.
The office hours are Monday-Friday from 8 AM - 5 PM. Call 208.496.2630 or 208.496.2631 or contact by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.