Move Into Your Housing Complex on Move-in Day
- Move into your housing complex on the morning of Move-in Day. All university approved housing complexes should be open by 8:00 a.m. (MT). See the Get Connected schedule for your move-in date.
- If you experience travel difficulties that will not allow you to check in during regular times, please contact your housing manager to make other arrangements.
Register for and Attend Get Connected
- Register for Get Connected (see Get Connected schedule for registration locations). When you register you will receive a copy of the Get Connected Map with your I-Team group number and meeting location as well as your Get Connected wristband which gets you into the New Student Talent Show & Social and a free meal at the Student Services Tour & Breakfast and New Student Lunch.
- Audition for the New Student Talent Show.
- Meet your I-Team at your designated meeting location. Together you will attend the BYU-Idaho Welcome and all other Get Connected events.
- Parents are invited to attend the BYU-Idaho Welcome with their student. Those unable to travel to Rexburg may view the BYU-Idaho Welcome streamed live (Steam available 72 hours after broadcast).
- See all that's happening at I-Night and purchase tickets online or at the Ticket Office window located at the Cashier's Office on the first floor of the Kimball Building. Tickets will also be on sale at the door.
Get Your I-Card
- Your I-card serves as your student identification card and can also be used as a debit card, if you deposit funds on it, for on-campus purchases. Locations accepting I-card transactions include: University Store, Food Services, printers, and photocopy locations.
- To get your I-card you will need your I-number and government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, state identification, etc.) as well as be in compliance with the BYU-Idaho Dress and Grooming Standards.
- The I-Card Office is permanently located on the first floor of the Kimball Building, room 130. During Fall and Winter Get Connected the I-Card Office will be temporarily located in Manwaring Center (MC) 372.
- You have five days after the start of classes before you must have your I-Card. During this time your I-Number and photo ID can be used for any campus services that normally would require your I-Card.
- Don't know your I-Number? Login to my.byui.edu; select the profile tab, then see the personal info section.
Reserve Your Textbooks
- Previously reserved textbooks and exercise clothing can be picked up from the University Store located on the first floor of the Manwaring Center (MC 176A).
- To help you select the correct books for class, you will need a copy of your book list. You can also print your book list and class schedule at the University Store if you forget to bring it with you.
- Review the laptop initiative and consider purchasing a laptop from the University Store.
- Purchase BYU-Idaho approved exercise clothing from the University Store.