Identify what a budget is and walk through the steps of establishing a plan to spend your money wisely.
- Learn how to use the BYUI Financial Planning Tool.
- Gain insight into what a budget is and the importance of keeping one.
- Apply budgeting principles such as the Cash and Automatic Payment Systems.
- Learn how to become a steward of your personal finances.
Explore different types of debt and how to navigate the “world of debt” with a wise and healthy strategy.
- Understand debt, interest, common forms of debt, and how they work.
- Examine basic principles of debt management and strategies of eliminating debt such as the Snowball Effect and the Avalanche Method.
- Establish a plan to manage debt that will work for you and evaluate personal spending habits.
- Learn how sacrificing your wants and time can help you get out of debt.
Learn how college students can approach saving and budgeting money.
- Understand why saving money is important.
- Create an emergency fund, analyze the priorities of tithing, savings, and expenses.
- Evaluate your semester financial plan and adjust it.
- Take accountability for your finances by becoming self-reliant.
- Learn how giving back through volunteering and different service opportunities expedites self-reliance.