Become a Leader in SRC:
Council Member Positions
Council members are volunteer positions chosen through an application and interview process. They commit to serve for an entire semester and to fulfill assigned office hours according to their position. In addition, they sit on administrative councils at times not necessarily during normal office hours.
- Time Commitment: 15-20 hours / week - 1 semester
- Office Hours: Mon 9:00-11:00 am, Mon-Fri 2:00-5:00 pm
- The SRC director leads the Student Representative Council, directly oversees the work of the Volunteer Reps, and represents the students of BYU-Idaho as a member of the President’s Council and University Council.
- Requirements to apply: Must have above a 2.5 GPA. Must have no sanctions with the university.
- Submit a Director Application
- Time Commitment: 10-12 hours / week
- Office Hours: Mon, Wed-Fri 3:00-5:00 pm, Tues 3:15-4:15 pm
- SRC Coordinators assist in the training of the managers and reps at the beginning of the semester. Throughout the semester, they help the Director coordinate responsibilities and oversee the work of a few managers within their stewardship.
- Time Commitment: 6-8 hours / week
- Office Hours: Mon, Wed-Fri 4:00-5:00 pm, Tues 3:15-4:15 pm
- SRC Managers research student concerns and help propose viable solutions. They work with volunteers, organize events (i.e. the Q&A with President Gilbert) and assist in general outreach.
- Submit a Coordinator/Manager Application
- Time Commitment: 3 hours / week
- Trainings: Tuesdays from 3:15-4:15 pm
- Focus Groups/Blitzing: Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Student Rep Volunteers commit to serve for a full semester. They attend weekly training meetings, facilitate focus group discussions and assist the council with outreach.
- Submit a Volunteer Application
Participate with SRC:
Attend Focus Groups
Under the supervision of the SRC Director, two or three Council members or Reps (see description above) lead a discussion with approximately 25 students. These discussions are regarding issues, concerns or ideas brought up by administrators and/or students. The results of these focus groups are then brought to the applicable administrative council under the direction of the Dean of Students. We invite you to participate and let your voice be heard. See Facebook Page for times and locations:
When you receive an email from SRC containing a brief survey on topics that are being considered by the university administration, we invite you to take a few minutes and share your opinions with us. Campus leaders are interested in hearing your input and use that input to make decisions that are in your best interest. Your participation will help the SRC more effectively represent the voice of students to the administrators at BYU-Idaho.
If you have a great idea that you feel would benefit BYU-Idaho, submit that idea! A member of the council will review it and discuss the idea with the Dean of Students. If necessary, the idea will be taken to either President’s or another administrative council and reviewed.