- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Washington, 2008
- M.A., Sociology, University of Washington, 2002
- B.S., Sociology and Russian, Brigham Young University, 2000
- American Morality
- Sociology of Religion
- Sociological Theory
- Institutional Analysis
- Sociology of Religion (Soc 360)
- Sociological Theory (Soc 300)
- Introduction to Sociology (Soc 111)
Other Courses Taught
- Research Methods (Soc 340)
- Sociological Analysis (Soc 400)
- Senior Thesis Seminar (Soc 495)
Abel, Michael K. 2019. From Faith to Works: How Religion Inspires Confidence, Community, and Sacrifice. New York, NY: Peter Lang.
Abel, Michael K. and Brent J. Schmidt. 2018. America Versus the Ten Commandments: Exploring One Nation's Commitment to Biblical Morality. Murrells Inlet, SC: Covenant Books.
Abel, Michael K. 2013. "Village Ties and Labor Union Formation in Russia, 1861-1917." Social Thought (Социјална Mисао) 77:149-160.
Abel, Michael K. 2011. "Sources of Adolescent Faith: Examining the Origins of Religious Confidence."Interdisciplinary Journal of Research on Religion. Volume 7, Article 5: http://www.religjournal.com.
Abel, Michael K. 2005. "Retention Strategies and Religious Success: A Regional Comparison of American Jews." Interdisciplinary Journal of Research on Religion. Volume 1, Article 12: http://www.religjournal.com.
Abel, Michael K. 2000. "Communism and Religiosity: Communism's Influence on Public and Private Devotion in the Soviet Union." Writings 9:61-73.
Works in Progress
Schmidt, Brent J. and Michael K. Abel. The Seven Deadly Sins of Highly Destructive People. Book Manuscript.