- Ph.D., Sociology, Michigan State University, 2016
- M.B.A., General Management, University of Utah, 2008
- B.S., Sociology, Brigham Young University, 2005
- Economic Sociology
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Immigrant Entrepreneurship
- Race and Ethnic Relations (Soc 323)
- Global Conflict and Terrorism (Soc 411)
- Protest, Conflict, and Social Change (Soc 450)
- Introduction to Sociology (Soc 111)
- The Eternal Family (FDREL 200)
- Senior Thesis (Soc 495)
Other Courses Taught
- International Migration
- Sociology of Work
- Urban Sociology
- Social Psychology
- Human Resources
Gold, S.J. & Oliver, J.R. (2017) “Will Trump’s ‘Color-blind’ Pro-business Policies Help Black Entrepreneurs Too?”, The Conversation, Feb. 6, 2017.
Oliver, J.R. & Robison, L.J. (2017) “Rationalizing Inconsistent Definitions of Commodification: A Social Exchange Perspective,” Modern Economy, 8.
Winder, R. Robison, L. & Oliver, J. (2016) “Relational Economics: Motives Underlying Customer Voice,” American Society for Quality.
Oliver, J. “General Help,” in: Shlapentokh, V. and Beasley, E. (2015) Power and Inequality in Interpersonal Relations, Transaction Publishers: Piscataway, N.J.
Robison, L. Oliver, J. & Frank, K. (2015) “Commodity and Relational Good Exchanges: Commodification and Decommodification 2,” Proceedings of the First International Congress on Applied Sciences: Social Capital, October 23-24, 2015, Konya Turkey.
Robison, L., Oliver, J. & Frank, K. (2015). “Commodity and Relational Good Exchanges: Commodification and Decommodification 1,” in 2015 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2015, Boston, Massachusetts (No. 189690). Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.