In Fall Semester 2020, BYU-Idaho is offering a variety of course options designed to facilitate learning and safety. This chart will help you identify the course options that meet your individual needs as you prepare to register.
Fall Course Options
The course options for Fall Semester 2020 will include:
- Fully Remote courses (like those offered in spring semester), with students meeting synchronously online;
- Standard Online courses, with students working asynchronously, at their preferred times.
As allowed by civil health authorities, these other course options—all requiring face coverings in the classroom—will be offered:
- On-campus Classroom courses, with appropriate physical distancing and safety protocols;
- Blended courses that require both in-person learning and remote learning, on alternating days, with appropriate physical distancing and safety protocols;
- Flexible courses that provide students the choice to gather in-person or remotely, within the constraints of physical distancing and safety protocols.
A new “Location” column has been added to the online registration system. This information identifies where each specific class section will be delivered:
- On-campus (in-classroom) sections, if you prefer to participate in physical campus classrooms.
- Off-campus (remote/online) sections, if you prefer to not be in Rexburg or in a physical classroom.
- Campus OR Off-Campus (student choice) sections, for flexibility to participate on-campus or engage remotely.