- The amount of tuition that is due or the amount you could be refunded if dropped after the tuition refund date could be affected.
- Dropping a course at any time could affect your financial aid/scholarships. Please talk to the Financial Aid office for more information.
- Log in to your my.byui.edu account. (Access the log-in page on the BYU—Idaho homepage: www.byui.edu )
- Select the blue “Student” tab.
- Scroll down to “Add/Drop Courses” or click on “Registration” in the gray bars on the left side of the page.
- Scroll down to the list of courses you are registered for and click the drop box next to the course you want to drop.
- Click drop selected courses or drop all courses, depending on what you want to do.
- Check your schedule to ensure that the course was dropped and no longer on your schedule.
Withdrawing from an individual class
- Dropping a course after the “W” deadline will result in a "W" being on your transcript.
- The "W" grade will not be calculated into your GPA and will remain on your transcript even if you retake the course.
- Withdrawing from a class at any time could affect your financial aid/scholarships. Please talk to the Financial Aid Office for more
Dropping Class for Non-Participation
- This option is only available for students that DID NOT participate in their course(s). The course(s) must be for the CURRENT semester or block. A final grade must not be issued for the course(s).
- Students eligible for this request must have had no overall participation, along with no submitted assignments, quizzes, or exams.
- For those who qualify, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, I-number, course, section, and semester in your email.
- If this is not for a current semester or the course(s) have already received a grade, please visit the academic petitions page.
- Student records and registration will contact you after this form is been reviewed.