You've Completed Much of the Training. See if Leading as an Officer is for You!
Participation is designed to develop both leadership and confidence through team study with activities such as physical fitness, team building exercises, land navigation, oral presentations, and fundamentals of small unit tactics. Our entry level classes are great to see if becoming an officer is right for you and fulfill general elective requirements without a military commitment until you accept a scholarship/contract. Your starting point in the program is determined by your years left to graduate and can be worked in with your current course schedule.
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be Between the ages of 17 and 27 (unless prior service or 2 years or less to graduate)
- Have a referred GPA of 3.0 or higher needed for scholarship and contracting purposes
Full Participation Requirements:
- Class once a week — minimum participation requirement with only classroom learning/discussion
- Physical Training every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday*
- Leadership Lab once a week*
- 1 Field Training Exercise a Semester*- hands on patrolling, land navigation, and small unit tactics (this is an overnight event)
* Requires a physician signed medical fitness statement of ability to participate in a normal physically strenuous college physical education program and authorized release of dental records.
- Maintain your GI Bill Benefits
- Qualify for an Officer producing GI Bill Kicker of $350 a month
- From $300.00 to $500.00 monthly stipend (during school months)
- Extra military training opportunities to include oversees training, Airborne, Air Assault, and internships