B.S. in Automotive Engineering Technology
This degree combines automotive and engineering coursework to prepare students for careers as service engineers, test engineers, or engineering technicians. In these positions, interns and graduates build and test prototypes and aid in the development and refinement of new vehicles and their components. These individuals often work in labs and on test courses in order to help take new automobiles from design to the manufacturing stage. Classes are hands-on and interactive, allowing students to gain practical experience as they learn to understand technology and develop the problem solving skills that will make them valuable in the workforce.
Examples of jobs for graduates of this degree:
- Service engineer
- Test engineer
- Engineering technician
- Validation engineer / technician
- Dynamometer engineer / technician
- Research and development technician
- Product engineer
- Provide communities and workplaces with highly skilled, integrity-filled, professionals.
- Select and apply the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the discipline to automotive engineering technology activities.
- Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate problems, assimilate information, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate quality workmanship.
- Recognize the need and possess a desire for lifelong learning.
- Communicate with clarity and accuracy in both speaking and writing.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively with others.
- Graduate with professional certifications.
- Possess Competitive job-seeking skills.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to engineering technology problems that require limited application of principles but extensive practical knowledge.
If you do not have access to a PDF document reader, download Adobe Acrobat.