A.A.S. in Automotive Technology
This degree prepares students for a challenging and rewarding career as an automotive service technician in a dealership or independent repair business. Courses are hands-on and interactive, allowing students to gain practical experience as they learn to understand technology and develop the problem solving skills that will make them valuable in the workforce.
Examples of jobs for graduates of this degree:
- Service technician
- Service writer
- Retail parts specialist
- Provide communities and workplaces with highly skilled, integrity-filled, professionals.
- Understand technical concepts and apply them to various automotive subsystems.
- Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate problems, assimilate information, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate quality workmanship.
- Recognize the need and possess a desire for lifelong learning.
- Communicate with clarity and accuracy in both speaking and writing.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively with others.
- Graduate with professional certifications.
- Possess Competitive job-seeking skills.