A.A.S. in Automotive Technology
This degree prepares students for a challenging and rewarding career as an automotive service technician in a dealership or independent repair business. Courses are hands-on and interactive, allowing students to gain practical experience as they learn to understand technology and develop the problem-solving skills that will make them valuable in the workforce.
Examples of jobs for graduates of this degree:
- Service technician
- Service writer
- Retail parts specialist
- Provide communities and workplaces with highly-skilled, integrity-filled, professionals.
- Understand technical concepts and apply them to various automotive subsystems.
- Apply critical thinking skills to evaluate problems, assimilate information, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrate quality workmanship.
- Recognize the need and possess a desire for lifelong learning.
- Communicate with clarity and accuracy in both speaking and writing.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively with others.
- Graduate with professional certifications.
- Possess Competitive job-seeking skills.