How to "Share" or "Copy/Paste" a Pre-made Component onto Multiple Pages:
For this tutorial we will be exemplifying how to do this with the Side Navigation Component.
- After creating the desired component in the “Design” mode, go to the “Edit Form” tab.
- In the “Presentation Fields” window, open the editing panel for the Side Navigation component.
- Click “Unembed.”
- A new editing panel should appear, click “Share.”
- Name the component something unique (like the page’s or site’s name) and then enter the xID of the page it originally was created on.
- The component should now appear in Ingeniux’s tree on the left-hand side of the screen under its parent page.
- Go to the page that you wish to have the duplicate Side-Navigation component on.
- Go to the “Design” mode and drag in a Side-Navigation Component to the desired area.
- Don’t enter in any information, select “Apply Changes” and save your work.
- Go to the “Presentation Fields” under the “Edit Form” tab on the new page.
- Select the Side-Navigation Component from the “Presentation Fields” list.
- Drag the pre-made component from the Ingeniux tree into the field that says “SubNavigation.”
- This should overwrite the component made in the new page to match the component created on the original page.
- Save your work and preview the page.
- Make sure the component is there and working on the new page.
- Repeat these steps for each page needing the duplicated version of the Side-Navigation Component.