Online instructors represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the mission of BYU-Idaho and BYU-Pathway Worldwide. They guide students to become capable disciple leaders in their personal and professional lives.
Time and Compensation
Online instructors spend an average of 4 hours/credit each week. Instructors with a master's degree or higher are paid $1,125 per credit and instructors with a bachelor's degree receive $1,025 per credit.
Online curriculum is pre-developed by BYU-Idaho faculty and instructional designers. Within the framework of this curriculum, online instructors create an inviting, student focused, learning environment that fosters learning by study and by faith. Typically instructors do not do live video lectures.
Prior to teaching, new instructors complete an online instructor training experience. This paid, asynchronous training prepares instructors to facilitate a student-centered learning experience online, including the BYU-Idaho Learning Model and best practices in online teaching.
- Good standing within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Master’s degree or higher (unless otherwise stated in the job posting).
- State residency where BYU-Idaho and BYU-Pathway Worldwide have permission to hire (see state residency requirements).
- Relevant professional work experience in a related field is expected.
- Current part-time employees of any entity of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints may not teach online in addition to their current The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints employment.
- Retirees of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints entities are not eligible.
State Residency Requirements
At this time, BYU-Idaho and BYU-Pathway Worldwide have permission to hire in the following states
Current Hiring States:
Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
State Not Included?
BYU-Idaho and BYU-Pathway Worldwide are currently not approved to hire remote instructors from your state. Complete our survey to receive updates as new states are added.
Currently hiring from states in blue
Interested in applying for a positions at BYU-Idaho? Applications are open now.