Overview & Requirements
This certificate provides students with basic technology skills for entry-level positions, or an internship, in web development.
What You'll Learn
Essential Knowledge and Skills (competencies)
- Learn to inject data into the DOM (document object model) for dynamic web site applications.
- Acquire skills with database servers (Relational and NoSQL) and tools to design and build basic databases needed for dynamic web applications.
- Gain proficiency in SQL code to implement a CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) management tool using a web interface.
- Learn the difference between web application and device application development best practices and implementations.
- Learn to use code to solve problems.
Careers in this field
- General programmer
- Web Developer
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|TAKE THESE COURSES:|
|CIT 160||Introduction to Programming||3|
|CIT 230||Web Frontend Development||3|
|CIT 260||Object Oriented Programming||3|
|CIT 261||Mobile Application Development||3|
|CIT 336||Web Backend Development||3|
|CIT 365||.NET Software Development||3|
For more information regarding the courses and requirements in this program, please visit the BYU-Idaho online course catalog, but please note that not all programs listed in the catalog are available online.
For any further questions regarding course scheduling or sequencing, please contact Pathway Student Support.