Overview & Requirements
This certificate is designed to provide students with skills to collect, analyze, and present data to companies to help make business decisions.
What You'll Learn
Essential Knowledge and Skills (competencies)
- Learn fundamental patterns of business through tracing business transactions using fundamental accounting principles and practices
- Learn intermediate skills with Microsoft Excel, including how to write formulas, use functions, and create charts and pivot tables
- Learn and apply beginning relational database concepts and write SELECT queries in SQL
- Learn and apply modern information technology methods to automate data analysis
- Learn fundamental quantitative analysis patterns based in statistics theory and practice
Careers in this Field
- Data Analyst
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|TAKE THESE COURSES:|
|ACCTG 180||Survey of Accounting||3|
|CIT 110||Introduction to Excel||3|
|CIT 111||Introduction to Databases||3|
|CIT 381||Business Intel & Analytics||3|
|MATH 221A||Business Statistics||3|
For more information regarding the courses and requirements in this program, please visit the BYU-Idaho online course catalog, but please note that not all programs listed in the catalog are available online.
For any further questions regarding course scheduling or sequencing, please contact Pathway Student Support.