Overview & Requirements
This certificate provides students with marketable skills in automotive operation, maintenance, and diagnosis and repair to be taken to the workplace, or applied to an automotive degree.
What You'll Learn
Essential Knowledge and Skills (competencies)
- Gain an understanding of the operation of automotive systems and components
- Learn to apply logical processes to diagnose mechanical and electrical faults
- Learn correct procedures for quality repair and maintenance
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity on teams
- Gain proficiency with professional certification exams
Careers in this Field
- Automobile Repair Technician
- Service Advisor
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|TAKE THESE COURSES:|
|AUTO 125||Introduction to Automotive Technology||1|
|AUTO 131||Electrical Systems||2|
|AUTO 132||Engine Performance||2|
|AUTO 155||Chassis Systems||2|
|AUTO 201||Drive Trains||2|
|AUTO 231||Vehicle Electronics||2|
|AUTO 232||Engine Management Systems||2|
For more information regarding the courses and requirements in this program, please visit the BYU-Idaho online course catalog, but please note that not all programs listed in the catalog are available online.
For any further questions regarding course scheduling or sequencing, please contact Pathway Student Support.