- Candidates apply to course-specific interest list posting(s).
- Applicants are screened to confirm online instructor eligibility requirements are met. Candidates are also assessed on fit with listed posting requirements specific to the course.
- Applicants meeting initial screening criteria are reviewed by a content expert (typically happens once/semester, but variances occur depending on schedules and number of applicants).
- Selected candidates are invited to participate in a one-week online asynchronous Candidate Assessment Course. This serves as the interview and typically requires 7-10 hours. (Invitations are extended according to forecasted hiring needs.)
- Candidates who successfully complete the Candidate Assessment Course are eligible for hire and retained for consideration as instructor vacancies arise.
- Application information remains active indefinitely, though candidates may be contacted regularly for address updates and to gauge continuing interest. The Candidate Assessment Course need not be repeated if additional applications are submitted.
* We do not provide details or feedback regarding non-selection.
The online instructor hiring process is not typical. We collect applications several semesters in advance for potential vacancies. New instructors are not needed for every course each hiring cycle.
Candidates who do not submit materials according to the timeline below may experience additional wait time.
- When candidates submit their application, they are applying to course interest lists in preparation for anticipated future vacancies, not to fill immediate hiring needs.
- Interest list postings may be opened or closed at any time and typically have no set hire or close date to allow for increased flexibility in meeting hiring demands.
- Candidates may submit multiple applications. The application system will auto-populate personal, academic, and professional details in successive applications. Previously attached resumes, transcripts, and other documents are also available; however, it is strongly encouraged that resumes be tailored to each specific position.
- Application information remains active for two years, at which point they expire.
- All applicants must meet general instructor requirements and meet any additional criteria specific to the posting.
- Carefully review the special instructions section of each posting for any additional instructions (attaching portfolios, case studies, etc.). Lack of attention to this detail will result in non-selection.
- All candidate notifications are sent via email. Applicants should adjust email settings to ensure BYU-Idaho messages are received.
- Final hiring decisions are contingent upon obtaining an ecclesiastical clearance which confirms good standing within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.