- Teacher Candidates in Mathematics must complete all coursework prior to beginning an internship.
- Teacher Candidates in Mathematics must pass all Praxis and technology exams prior to applying for an internship.
- Math Intern Candidates must complete a Math Composite major or elective courses which train in classroom management and assessments to support success as an intern.
- Math Intern Candidates must arrange to have a mathematics lesson they teach evaluated with the Danielson Framework evaluation instrument. To qualify for internship consideration, the candidate's lesson must score 2 or higher on all evaluated elements.
- During a semester prior to the internship, Teacher Candidates in Mathematics selected for an internship must arrange to co-teach a mathematics unit in a BYU-Idaho class with a faculty member that has experience teaching mathematics in a public school setting.