- M.S. Mathematics Education, Brigham Young University, 2015
- B.S. Mathematics Education, Brigham Young University, 2013
- B.S. Mathematics, Brigham Young University, 2013
- Utah Educator License (Level 2) – Mathematics Endorsement Level 4
- BYUI Mathematics Education Professor (2019-Present)
- Mathematics Department Chair – Mountain View High School (2016-2019)
- High School Mathematics Teacher – Mountain View High School (2015-2019)
Leatham, K. R., & Winiecke, T. (2014). The case of the Case of Benny: Elucidating the influence of a landmark study in mathematics education. The Journal of Mathematical Behavior, 35, 101-109.
Winiecke, T. (2015). Problems faced by reform oriented novice mathematics teachers utilizing a traditional curriculum” (master’s thesis), Brigham Young University, Retrieved from http://hdl.lib.byu.edu/1877/etd7951
Tyler grew up in California. After serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Columbus Ohio, he attended Brigham Young University (BYU). He met his wife while attending BYU and they are the parents of four fantastic children. One of Tyler’s favorite places to be is the mathematics classroom. He loves guiding students as they explore mathematics and treasures the opportunity to reflect with fellow mathematics teachers about the best ways to help students learn. Tyler is a loyal BYU sports fan, enjoys participating in sports, and loves musical theatre.