- I earned my Bachelors in Math and my Masters in Teacher Education at Eastern Oregon University, in La Grande, Oregon.
- I have a minor in Geography, and a teacher-leader certification for training middle and high school math teachers through College Preparatory Math.
- I also have a State of Idaho Teaching Certificate.
- My family provides various sports fans, and cultural opportunities, and we love to watch as they participate in Lacrosse, baseball, football, and ballroom dance. I also live to play tennis, garden, to do small – scale remodel work, and read books that my kids and my closest niece are reading. We camp and travel when we can fit it in, and we’re always busy in our church callings as well.
- Taught high school math in Brush Prairie, WA
- Taught middle school math in Rigby, ID
- trained teachers in Idaho, Utah, Colorado, and Nevada
- 2003 Literature Review and Action Research on The Conflict Between Traditional and Reform Math Teaching in the United States.
I'm from Idaho Falls and have returned to Idaho Falls, but I grew up in Issaquah Washington. I’ve lived many places in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho through the years. Our family consists of my husband Chris and I, and between us we have 7 children. We have 2 boys of mine at home ages 9 and 16. Of the 5 that are college age, we have 2 out on missions right now; my second son in Guadalajara MX, and Chris’ youngest, and our only daughter is in Jacksonville FL. We have 3 return missionaries who are working hard at college, two at BYU-Provo, and my oldest is here at BYUI.