- AAS in Mathematics from Ricks College
- BS in Mathematics from BYU-Hawaii
- MS in Mathematics from Brigham Young University
- PhD in Instructional Design from Idaho State University
- Taught high school for four years at The Harker School in San Jose, California.
- Have been teaching at BYU-Idaho since 2006.
- Mathematical research interests are in Abstract Algebra.
- Education research interests in mathematics education, online learning, gender and learning, educational technology.
- Published papers on gender and gaming and using mobile devices for learning.
Danae Romrell is originally from Sugar City, Idaho. She has lived in Idaho, Hawaii, Utah, and California. She enjoys traveling, camping, biking, reading, and trying new things.