- Sister Moon graduated from Brigham Young University with a bachelor's in English and a minor in mathematics.
- She later graduated with a masters and then a doctorate degree in mathematics from Idaho State University.
- She has taught in the BYU-Idaho mathematics department since 2001.
- Instructor at Idaho State University
- Director of Moon Math Camps
- Radius of Injectivity–Complex Analysis
- Applying Principles of Successful Learning to Calculus and Differential Equations
- STEM Outreach
- Applications in Complex Analysis
Sister Moon was born in Chile during a time of political turmoil and violence. After diplomatic delays and a time in Bolivia, her parents were finally cleared to move their family to the United States where Bonnie attended school and met her future husband.