VMware/VDI Client Install for Windows
Before you install VDI, please note that the following assumptions are made:
- You know how to use your computer and are a System Administrator. This includes being able to adjust settings and preferences, download and install software, and operate the basic functions of your computer.
- Your computer meets the I-learn Computer Standards. The university does not offer support for Linux. There may be individuals at the Help Desk who are fluent in Linux and able to help you, but there may not be. To contact the Help Desk for support call the BYU-Idaho Support Center at (208) 496-1411. If you are a remote student away from campus, we have no support for operating systems other than Windows and Mac.
If you need assistance before downloading or help with the steps bellow, please call the BYU-Idaho Support Center at (208) 496-1411. They will either walk you through the install, or schedule a time for you to meet with a Technology Support Student Technician. At the beginning of the semester they may direct you to a walk-up help desk.
If you are using Mac OS X Snow Leopard, you will need to update your operating system to OS X 10.6.8 for VMware to work on your computer.
- Click here to do download VMware.
- Select Install VMware Horizon Client.
- Select which client version you need for your operating system.
- If using Windows 10, do not select Client from Windows 10 UWP; select Client for Windows instead.
- Select Download, and save the file where you will be able to find it.
- Find the file on your computer and run the program.
- Select Custom Install, and then select I agree for the terms and conditions.
- Select IPV4.
- If multiple people use the computer then select the down arrow, next to login as current user, and select Entire Feature will be unavailable.
- Select Next.
- Default Horizon Connection Server name: enter VDIView.byui.edu and select Next.
- Select Install. When it has completed the download, select Finish.
- A screen will appear with a button for the connection broker. Double click the button for VDIView, and log in with your campus credentials. Select the appropriate computer pool.
NOTE: If you get an alert stating This desktop does not support the request display you have selected the Windows 10 UWP Client. Uninstall and start over using Client for Windows.