Grad Plan Not Working on a Mac
If you are an employee attempting to help a student set up their grad plan, or a student trying to set up your own, you might sometimes run into trouble accessing your Grad Plan in your BYU-Idaho account. Usually, installing/updating the Microsoft Silverlight computer add-on will solve the problem.
To download and install Microsoft Silverlight for Mac:
- Visit: https://www.microsoft.com/silverlight to be taken to the Microsoft Silverlight download page.
- Click the “Download” button. Your download manager will then open and begin downloading Microsoft Silverlight.
- When a pop-up appears to tell you that “this package will run a program that determines if the package can be installed,” click “Continue.”
- Click “Continue” again.
- Agree to the Software License Agreement by clicking “Continue.”
- A pop-up will appear asking you where you would like Silverlight to be installed. If you have a custom area in mind, choose that; if you are unsure, just go with the default option by clicking “Continue.”
- Click “Install.”
- You may be asked for your Mac’s login credentials in order to authenticate the download. Enter them when prompted.
- Silverlight will then install. When you see a popup explaining that it has been installed, click “Close” to exit the installation. You may now proceed with creating your grad plan.