Duo Mobile for Android
This article will walk you through the process of installing and using Duo Mobile on an Android phone.
NOTE: The current version of Duo Mobile requires Android 4.0 or greater.
Installing the Duo Mobile App on an Android Device
To install Duo Mobile on your Android device:
1. Log in to your BYU-Idaho account.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach the "Install Duo Mobile for Android" window.
3. Download the Duo Mobile app from the Play Store.
4. Click "I have Duo Mobile installed" once you've installed Duo Mobile.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to scan the barcode and link the app to your account.
Using the Duo Mobile App with Push Notifications
This is the easiest and quickest way to authenticate. To use the Duo Mobile App with push notifications:
1. Click "Send Me a Push Notification" in the authentication method selection window.
2. Duo Mobile will send an approval request to your device via a notification. Press "Approve" to authenticate.
NOTE: If you receive a request that you weren’t expecting, press "Deny" to reject it. The application will then prompt you to report if it was a fraudulent request, or if it was a mistake to deny the request.