This article explains how to set a default device and authentication method in Duo Security.
- If necessary, clear your cache before logging in to your BYU-Idaho account, or log in to your account from a browser you have not used recently.
- Log in to your BYU-Idaho account.
- From the 2FA window, click “My Settings & Devices.”
- You’ll be taken to a window displaying all devices that you currently have enrolled in Duo. You’ll also see two drop-down menus: “Default Device” and “When I log in:”. Use the “Default Device” drop-down menu to choose which enrolled device you’d like to use as your default.
NOTE: If the device you want to use as your default has not been enrolled yet, click “Add another device,” and then follow the instructions found in “How to Set Up 2-Factor Authentication (for New Employees),” “How to Set Up 2-Factor Authentication Using a Phone Call (for New Employees),” and “How to Set Up 2-Factor Authentication Using a Text Message (for New Employees” to enroll your new device in Duo.
- Use the “When I log in:” drop-down menu to choose which authentication method you’d like to use automatically.