The Favorites section of Outlook, located at the top of the Navigation Panel, contains shortcuts to folders such as your Inbox, Sent Items, and Search Folders. You can add, remove, and arrange folders in this section in order to access your mail folders more easily. When a folder is added to Favorites, a shortcut is created; however, the folder and its contents remain at its original location in the folder list. Removing a folder from Favorites doesn’t delete the folder or the contents – it removes only the shortcut that appears in Favorites.
NOTE: Collapse and expand the Favorites section by clicking the black or the white arrow next to Favorites. A collapsed Favorites section allows you to see more of your mail folders in the Navigation Pane. If you don’t want to use the Favorites section, you can turn it off.
Adding a Folder to Favorites
1. Locate the folder that you want to add to Favorites, then right-click it.
2. In the drop-down menu that appears, click Show in Favorites.
Removing a Folder from Favorites
1. Go into your Favorites folder.
2. Locate the folder that you want to remove, then right-click it.
3. In the drop-down menu that appears, click Remove from Favorites.
NOTE: Make sure that you remove folders from the Favorites rather than delete them! Removing a folder takes the folder from Favorites without deleting it and its contents. Deleting a folder from Favorites deletes the folder and its contents entirely.