Sometimes you will need to archive old files in Outlook in order to make room for new files, while still keeping the old ones accessible. This article provides information about how to archive old files.
Manually Archiving Files
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click File.
3. Click Info.
4. Click Cleaning Tools.
5. Click Archive.
6. A drop-down menu will appear with the list of the files you can archive emails from. Select the appropriate file. If you want to archive emails from all files, select your name from the top of the list.
7. You will be given the option of what date you want to start archiving from. For example, if you want to archive all emails from before February 3rd 2011, you would select 2/3/2011. Set the date according to your needs.
8. Choose the location of your archive.pst file. This is the location where the archived emails are stored.
9. Click OK.
10. Verify that your files have been archived by checking left column of the Outlook app for an Archives folder under inbox and other folders.
Automatically Archiving Files
1. Click File.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Advanced.
4. Click AutoArchive Settings.
5. In the window that appears, check the Run AutoArchive Every box, then use the up-and-down arrows to select the time interval that you would like to use.
6. Choose the location of your archive.pst file. This is the location where the archived emails are stored.