This article explains how 2-factor authentication works when you’re trying to access a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Virtual Private Network (VPN) allows employees to access on-campus drives and programs from off-campus locations. Whenever you access VPN, you will need to authenticate using 2FA.
To authenticate when using VPN:
1. Log in to the VPN program you typically use.
2. Enter your username and password.
3. You’ll also need to enter a second password. The password you enter here depends on what method you wish to use to authenticate. For information about the various authentication methods available to you, please visit our articles Duo Mobile for Android, Duo Mobile for iPhone, Duo Mobile for Windows Phone, Authenticating via Phone Call, or Authenticating via SMS Text.
- To authenticate via push notification: Enter push.
- To authenticate via phone call:Enter call.
- To authenticate via a code sent to a text message:Enter code.
4. Press Enter.
5. You’ll then be sent an authentication request via the method you requested. Respond to the notification, answer the phone call and follow the instructions, or enter the texted code into your computer to complete the authentication process and get into your account.