INSTRUCTIONS: FOLLOWING THE LEARNING MODEL
- Prepare: Spend at least 15-20 minutes studying the information listed below.
- Teach One Another: Spend 5-10 minutes teaching the associated principle to an individual or group.
- Ponder and Prove: Reflect on each principle, make plans, and set goals to improve.
An inclination to put the most favorable construction upon actions and events or to anticipate the best possible outcome.
- Why should I develop an optimistic attitude?
- How has the strength I receive daily from the Savior increased my optimism and outlook on life?
- How do I balance an optimistic life while also being aware of my reality?
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." -Hellen Keller"Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself; he also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace." -James Allen (As a Man Thinketh)"People who are optimistic are more committed to their goals, are more successful in achieving their goals, are more satisfied with their lives, and have better mental and physical health when compared to more pessimistic people." -Dr. Suzanne Segerstrom (Professor of Psychology, University of Kentucky)
"Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory." -Joseph Smith"As with think about the future, we should be filled with faith and hope." -M. Russell Ballard"God loves us. He is good, He is our Father, and He expects us to pray, and trust, and be believing, and not give up, and not panic, and not retreat, when something doesn't seem to be going just right." -Jeffery R. Holland"Look with optimism, work with faith, and things happen" -Gordon B. Hinckley"Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and smile on your face, but with great purpose in heart." -Gordon B. Hinckley
- The 5 Benefits of Being Optimistic
- Seven Habits of Optimistic People
- The Infinite Power of Hope
- Hope, an Anchor of the Soul
- Tali Sharot: The Optimism Bias
- My Philosophy for a Happy Life
- Good Things to Come
- We Can Find Happiness
- Trials: Look to the Light
- "As A Man Thinketh" by, James Allen
- "Man's Search for Meaning" by, Victor Frankl
- "The Hiding Place" by, Corrie ten Boom