By: Stephanie Wenzel, Human Resources, Training and Development
INSTRUCTIONS: FOLLOWING THE LEARNING MODEL
- Prepare: Spend at least 15-20 minutes studying the information listed below.
- Teach One Another: Spend 5-10 minutes teaching the associated principle to an individual or group.
- Ponder and Prove: Reflect on each principle, make plans, and set goals to improve.
LDS motivational speaker and quadriplegic Art Berg is living proof that triumph can come from tragedy. It is a blessing that life if hard. Through trials, we learn, grow, and ultimately become more like the Savior. No matter the circumstance of our lives, we have the power to choose our attitudes and perspectives. Happiness, then, is a choice we consciously decide to make.
- How can I use adversity to move me closer to my dreams and ambitions?
- How can we live such that our faith conquers our fears?
- "Most people believe our happiness can only be the response to a certain stimulus...people think that a stimulus will lead to a response of happiness...If they have the proper stimulus, they believe, then their response will be happiness. But what if the opposite is true? What if happiness is the stimulus and the response is whatever life brings from that happiness?" -Art Berg
- "Are you ready to be courageous enough?" -Art Berg
"Live each day with purpose and passion. The impossible just takes a little longer. Do the impossible." -Art Berg
"Some people think a miracle is only a miracle if it happens instantaneously, but miracles can grow slowly and patience and faith can compel things to happen that otherwise never would have come to pass." In the equation of priesthood, miracles, and infinite power, some of us have forgotten the critical and often essential ingredient called time. Time, which we sometimes call our enemy, miracles paradoxically embrace as friend." -Elder Boyd K. Packer
- Art Berg: Learning from Trials & The Power of Choice ppt
- "Do We Trust Him? Hard is Good" by Elder Stanley G Ellis
- Book: "The Impossible Just Takes a Little Longer: Living With Purpose and Passion" by Art E. Berg
- Master List of Quotes for "The Impossible Just Take a Little Longer..."
- Book: "Some Miracles Take Time" by Art E. Berg
- Master List of Quotes for "Some Miracles Take Time."