Student employees of varying nationalities consulting over a computer tablet.

Social Security Card

As an international student working on campus, a Social Security Number is required for employment and payroll purposes. In order to receive a Social Security Number please take the following documents to the Social Security Administration in Idaho Falls:

  • Download a Social Security Card Application
  • Employment Verification signed by a Student Employment Representative and an International Student Advisor in 276 MC
  • Passport
  • I-20
  • I-94

For any questions concerning the above documents, please contact the Student Employment Team at (208) 496-1712 or

Social Security Administration


2196 Channing Way, Idaho Falls, ID 83404




Mon: 9:00 AM-4:00 PM; Tues: 9:00AM-4:00PM; Wed: 9:00AM-12:00PM
Thurs: 9:00AM-4:00PM; Fri: 9:00AM-4:00PM; Sat & Sun: CLOSED


Learn more about Social Security Numbers and Cards.