About the Council
- Plan an annual university employee conference to promote individual and professional growth.
- Encourage submission, collect submissions, and recommend employees for the Exemplary Employee Award.
- Promote the Gather for Gratitude at Christmas time.
- Identify ideas for training, professional growth and development to support job-related needs of employees.
- Gather needs training opportunities throughout the year that would be beneficial to employees.
One representative, who serves as the council chair, meets with President's Council as appropriate to present ideas and recommendations. The Employee Engagement Council will not involve itself with trying to resolve work-related issues pertaining to individual employees. Employees with personal grievances or complaints should seek resolution through appropriate line management channels in accordance with university policy.