Majors, Possible Careers, and the Course list for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Focus Area.
Do you enjoy investigating how and why things work? Do you like doing math and using computers? The STEM focus area will let you explore careers in science, technology, engineering, and math. Improve your critical thinking and reasoning skills as you pursue innovative career options. Prepare for the future and contemporary issues through scientific and mathematical solutions!
- *REL 250C or REL 275C, assigned based on Cohort (2)
- *GS 101 – Career and Self Discovery (1)
- MATH 110X or 112X – College Algebra or Calculus I (placement determined by ALEKS placement test and/or ACT subscore) (3-4)
- *GESCI 101 - From Atoms to Humans (3)
- CSE 110 - Programming Building Blocks (2)
- ME 101 – Introduction to Engineering and Technology (1)
*Courses with an asterisk are those that are part of the student’s cohort.
- REL 250C or REL 275C, whichever was not taken in Semester 1 (2)
- HUM 110 – Introduction to the Humanities (3)
- CHEM 101 – Introductory Chemistry (3)
- PH 101 – Fundamentals of Physics (3)
- Elective Course (1-3)