Majors, Possible Careers, and the Course list for Family and Social Science Focus Area.
Are you interested in human relationships and how people interact with each other? If you are fascinated by how you and others are molded and shaped by society, the Family and Social Science focus area could be for you. You will explore human relationships, communities, and global connections by taking classes in psychology, politics, family, and sociology. Open doors to jobs in counseling, social work, community development, cultural research, and human resources. Prepare to make an impact in the world as you discover the world of social science!
- *REL 250C or 275C, assigned based on Cohort (2)
- *GS 100 – Career and Self Discovery (1)
- ENG 150 – Writing and Reasoning Foundations (3)
- *PSYCH 111 – General Psychology (3)
- POLSC 170 – International Politics (3)
*Courses with an asterisk are those that are part of the student’s cohort.
- REL 250C or 275C, whichever was not taken in Semester 1 (2)
- GESCI 110 – Sustaining Human Life (3)
- FAML 110 – Marriage Skills (1)
- FCS 101 – Intro to Family & Consumer Sciences (2)
- SOC 111 – Intro to Sociology (3)
- Elective Course (1-3)