Resources & Tips
- Airport Security by the Church Security Department: Traveling the world safely: Airport Security in 2019.
- Airport Shuttle & Taxi Services: BYU-Idaho has contracted with Salt Lake Express, SuperShuttle,
andLyft for your ground transportation needs. Please check to see what option might be the best for you.
- Bag Fees: A helpful list of baggage fees for the most common airlines
- Travel Instructions for New Employees: New to the BYU-Idaho
workforceand need to travel? We'll explain all the steps you need to take to be on your way in no time.
- Helpful Links: Instructions for going through security, specific information regarding check-in procedures, and more useful information to make traveling easier and more efficient.
- Local/Regional Transportation: From taxis to Greyhounds, find information to help you get from A to B.
- Local Hotels for University Guests: BYU-Idaho has contracts with local hotels to assist with the lodging of overnight guests and conference planning.
- Rent a Car: Useful information regarding the rental of cars for business trips.
- Passports: Important information to help you get your passport quickly and efficiently.
- Travel App Suggestions: These apps are great companions when traveling.
- Travel Visa Services: If you are short on time and need to expedite your passport and/or visa we have a contracted company to assist you.
- Travel Restrictions List: Some countries are deemed unsafe for employee/student travel. Here is a list of those countries we are not traveling to at this time.
- Parking at SLC Airport: BYU-Idaho has contracted with the Parking Spot, Park 'n Jet, and Diamond Airport Parking.
- Water Safety Information: Don't drink tap water in these countries.Updated 12/1/17
For Travel tutorials and training please access our BYU-Idaho Workday Training website at www.byui.edu/workday/travel-articles.