Do I need a Form 1098-T?

Probably not. However, that depends on your status for U.S. tax purposes. Nonresident aliens are generally not eligible to claim any of the education-related tax credits or deductions for which Form 1098-T is intended to serve as documentation.

Can I still receive Form 1098-T if I am a nonresident alien?

Yes, you may. You will need to request a form;your form will then be available on within 3 business days. For questions, you can contact BYU-Idaho at 208-496-1411. Please be advised that your receipt of Form 1098-T does not indicate that you are entitled to any education-related tax benefits.

More Tax Information

International Services has more information about filing taxes as an international student. Click on "Income Taxes" under "Finances".