Receipts must be turned in with the T.A. to support most travel expenses. If receipts are missing, federal law requires that any money not recovered from the employee would have to be reported as wages on the employee's W-2 Form and would become subject to income tax.

Receipts are not required for the per diem meal allowance, reimbursed mileage for use of personal vehicle, parking, toll roads, commuter bus, shuttle, non-meal tips, and air transportation obtained through BYU-Idaho Travel. However, these expenses should be listed separately on the T.A.

Credit card charge slips are not acceptable as receipts unless they contain detailed information regarding each charge.

If the attached receipts include expenses for a traveling companion, note on the receipt the portion incurred by the companion. Only the difference, or amount incurred by the employee, should be entered on the T.A.