Expenditures designed to save the University money but that may result in a personal benefit to an employee need approval from the account steward.
- The request for approval should be made in writing explaining the purpose of the expenditure and the benefit to the University.
- The account steward should review and agree that it provides an adequate benefit to the University and authorize the employee's request.
- The authorization should be attached to the expenditure request.
- When a purchase card is used for the expenditure, the cardholder should submit the authorization with the receipt when reconciling the statement charges.
- If the account steward is requesting the expenditure their supervisor should authorize the transaction.