Revised:    March 8, 2018


Employees who are traveling domestically to a single destination are encouraged to use the I Travel online booking tool to make reservations for lodging.  When traveling to multiple destinations, internationally, with a group, for university guest reservations, or when traveling with non-university personnel contact the Travel Office directly to make arrangements.

The Church and University have contracts for lodging that frequently provide the best available pricing. The traveler is responsible for contacting the Travel Office to cancel lodging reservations made using I Travel.


Private All domestic performance tours requesting housing with private parties will require adherence to current CES policy, which also requires advance scheduling and approval by Area Presidencies.  Students may be housed in private homes only when local Priesthood leaders feel it will be mutually beneficial and not a burden to the members. On rare occasions for international performance tours, local Church members may be asked to assist with housing and meals.  When staying in personal residences, students may not share beds and there must be a minimum of two students of the same gender per residence.

Private home lodging for academic tours and field trips will not be permitted.

Commercial A minimum of two students and preferably three "or more" students of the same gender must be assigned to a room if enough beds are available. The sharing of beds is not allowed. Employees and students are not to share the same room.

Lodging in Air BNB rentals, hostels, bed and breakfast facilities, or guesthouses are discouraged and will only be considered prior to approval on a case by case basis.  All approved reservations must be made by the Travel Office. 

Go Back