Revised:    April 23, 2014


The following Accounting Forms are used for the processing and posting of transactions. The deadlines relating to these forms must be met by all account custodians on campus in order to (1) meet payment deadlines, (2) receive goods and services when needed, and (3) to have current financial data on the financial reports.


Employees should be acquainted with the policy for the use of each of the following forms before using them. Please refer to the Policies first.

  1. Budget Request and supporting forms are sent to departments by the Budget Office just prior to the budget preparation period for the coming year. These are to be completed and returned to the Budget Office. The deadlines will be included in the packet.
  2. Request for Budget Adjustments forms are used during the year to request the transfer of budget amounts between categories within an account and between different accounts. After completing the form, the requester should send them to the Budget Office before the last day of the month in order for it to appear on the reports for that month.
  3. Capital Equipment Changes used during the year to request that funds approved for one type of equipment be used for another type of equipment (replacement).
  4. Campus Purchase Orders (CPOs) are used only for transactions between campus departments and accounts. Completed CPOs should be turned into the Accounting Office as soon as processed by the selling department except where the data is entered directly into the accounting system by the selling department. To have transactions posted to the current month, the CPOs should be in the Accounting Office by noon of the first working day of the following month.
  5. Purchasing Requisitions/Purchase Orders are used for goods or services exceeding $2,500 which should be processed through the Purchasing Department. Purchase Requisitions, which create Purchase Orders, can only be done on the internet. Vendor invoices come directly to the Accounting Office for payment. If the items or invoices have not been received by the end of the month, the amount of the Purchase Order will appear on the financial statements of budgeted accounts as an encumbrance. It will not be on non-budgeted accounts.
  6. Check Requests are used to request a check to be written which will be mailed by the Accounting Office. Appropriate supporting documentation must be attached to the requests. Check requests which are received by 5:00 pm will usually be processed the next morning and mailed by early afternoon. If a check must be mailed the next day, contact a payables clerk to make sure it is mailed on time. Checks are processed at 9:00 am each day. If an emergency occurs, contact the Disbursements Supervisor.
  7. Vendor Invoices are used to process payment for items and services not on a Purchase Order or a Check Request. These invoices must have a valid account number written upon it along with a valid authorized signature. Invoices which are received by 5:00 pm will usually be processed the next morning and mailed by early afternoon.
  8. Departmental Hand Checks may be used for purchases of $500 or less, although the use of a Purchase Card is preferred. These forms can be obtained directly from the Accounting Office as needed. Only individuals who are authorized to expend University funds from the account being charged can sign these checks. Unused checks must be kept in a secure location. Supporting documents must be attached to check copies unless the check is sent in the mail with an order which only requires appropriate explanation on the stub. As soon as a check is used, the yellow copy of the check along with supporting documents should be given to the supervisor of the person signing the check. The supervisor should sign the check for approval and forward the copy with attachments to the Accounting Office. Departmental check copies should be turned into the Accounting Office every Thursday at noon and on the first working day of each month.
  9. Petty Cash Reimbursement Form is used to reimburse employees for small purchases made with their own money. Reimbursement can be obtained in one of two ways: by bringing receipts and authorized signatures on this form the Cashiers Office or a petty cash custodians in selected departments. The form must be signed by the employee receiving the reimbursement and a person who is authorized to expend funds out of the account. Receipts must be attached. Petty Cash Custodians can replenish their petty cash by bringing the signed forms and receipts to the Cashiers Window. For expenses to appear on the current month, they must be turned in by the last day of the month.
  10. Travel Authorization/Expense Form (TA) is used for over night employee business and professional development travel. See the policy for Travel Approval at
  11. Group Travel Expenditures (GTE) is used for student travel lasting more than seven days. Advanced authorization is required for the trip and estimated costs and a copy of this form should be turned in at the Accounting Office before any money is spent for the trip. The names of the students must be turned in before leaving. If a travel advance is needed, the authorized form is taken to the Cashiers Window. If the amount is large, advance notice must be given to the Cashiers. Actual expenses are entered on the form upon returning. Any excess of the advance over actual expenses should be returned to the Cashiers Window immediately upon returning. The completed form showing actual expenses should be turned in to the Accounting Office within fifteen (15) days after returning from a domestic trip and thirty (30) days from a foreign trip.
  12. Vehicle Rental is found only on the internet. It is used to request a vehicle for one day travel. If a school vehicle is not available, a vehicle from a rental agency will be obtained. The availability of vehicles is the main factor in determining a deadline.
  13. University Invoices are used to bill non-University entities such as businesses, governmental agencies, and individuals. An active account must exist before invoices can be used. The original copy of invoices should be sent to the Accounting Office as soon as prepared. A copy should be mailed to the customer. To have invoices recorded in the current month and statement, they should be in the Accounting Office by noon of the first working day of the following month.
  14. Credit Application (A/R) - A credit application must be received and approved before individuals and entities, except students, can charge on campus. Students have to be registered in order to charge. Departments should not attempt to charge to individuals or entities unless they have an active account at the University.
  15. Credit Card Applications - Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate Visa cards are to be used by employees for University travel. The Purchase Card is used by employees to make purchases for the University. Travel and Purchase Card applications will be processed as soon as received. Sufficient time should be allowed for submission and approval to the credit companies.
  16. Campus forms may be picked up at the following locations. Office should not pick up more than a four-month supply of forms.

Continuing Education Worksheet Budget Office (KIM 290, ext. 1160)
Request for Budget Adjustments Budget Office (KIM 290, ext. 1160)
Capital Equipment Changes Budget Office (KIM 290, ext. 1160)
Campus Purchase Orders (CPOs) Accounting Office (KIM 130)
Purchase Requisitions/Orders Internet
Check Requests Accounting Office (KIM 130)
Vendor Invoices Received from Vendors
Departmental Hand Checks Accounting Office (KIM 130)
Petty Cash Reimbursement Cashiers Office (KIM 130I)
Travel Authorization/Expense (TA)
Group Travel Expenditures (GTE) Will be sent to group travel director after approval.
Vehicle Rental
University Invoices (A/R) Accounting Office (KIM 130)
Credit Applications (A/R) Accounting Office (KIM 130)
Credit Card Applications Financial Services (KIM 130, ext. 1991)
Relief of Equipment Accountability
Equipment Surplus