Student Teaching Interview Dates
|EVENT(S)||Fall 2022||Winter 2023|
Meet & Greet Date(s)
|February 17, 2022|| |
September 15, 2022
Interview Signup Date(s)
February 23 - 24, 2022
September 20 - 21, 2022
March 8, 2022
September 27, 2022
Student Teaching Process
1. Research Partner School
- Learn more about the offered Partner Schools to find out which school and administration would best suit your needs.
- Plan to schedule interview time slots with schools that meet your Student Teaching needs.
- Our Partner Schools Locations:
- Local (Southeast Idaho)
- Caldwell, ID
- Weber, Utah
- Jordan, Utah
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Mesa, Arizona
2. Interview Sign Ups
- Student Teaching Interview sign-ups are scheduled through the Field Services office a couple weeks prior to Student Teaching Interview dates.
- Check your BYU-Idaho student email for updates on interview sign-up dates.
- Sign-ups are conducted via email on the days indicated in the previously mentioned emails.
- Interview slots are limited, first-come-first-serve.
- See our Field Services Student Teaching Interview Video for additional clarification.
- Contact the Field Services Office for more questions.
Candidates will be encouraged to leave the local area if at all possible. Local placements will be filled first with those candidates who require a local placement. If a candidate is not able to leave the local area, they will need to visit with the directors in Field Services before the interviews are held.
3. Meet & Greet
- The Student Teaching Meet & Greet will be held virtually a couple of weeks prior to Student Teaching Interviews.
- Representatives from the various partner districts will be available to answer questions and give candidates more information about their schools.
- Even though this is a virtual meeting, you still want to present yourself professionally.
- This is a time where future Teacher Candidates can get to know the principals and schools. This is in contrast to the interviews where the principal will get to know the candidates.
- Interviews are held in person and by appointment only. Some partner districts will conduct virtual interviews.
- Partner School Interviews are like a job interview. You should be professional and come prepared.
- Please bring multiple copies of your resume and cover letter for your scheduled interviews. If you are inteviewing virtually, your cover letter and resume will be sent by FSO to the district representative.
- Your student teaching placement will be determined by your interviews.
- Follow these tips for interview success:
- Start preparing your resume. For
resumehelp see the Career Services center on campus.
- Email the Field Services Office (email@example.com) to request a copy of your completed cover letter and resume.
- Attend mock/practice interviews through the Career Services center on campus.
- Review these Student Teaching interview prep questions.
- Start preparing your resume. For
- We highly recommend that you prioritize coming to the Student Teaching Interviews if you will not be in the Southeast Idaho area during the scheduled interview dates.
- If you are unable to attend the interviews, please contact the Field Services Office for other options.
- Check your BYU-Idaho student email for updates on interview dates.
5. Placement Assignment
- Following Student Teaching interviews, Partner schools will select their preferred students.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to indicate their top three area choices following interviews.
- Area Coordinators will meet and carefully review all information from the Student Teaching interviews regarding placement selections.
- Placement Details:
- All candidates are placed through this process.
- Placements are finalized as soon as possible following interviews.
- Each candidate will receive an email from their Area Coordinator notifying them of their Student Teaching area/state.
- Final placement decisions will be sent out as soon as the Area Coordinator is able to obtain the information from the district/school administrator.