Students on the 2008-2009 or later catalogs are required to complete CIT 138. However, this class has been cancelled.
Therefore, the options are for all students are:
- In order to successfully complete B 211 you will need to have taken either CIT 138, CIT 140 (or comparable class at a different university) or complete a Spreadsheet Tutorial before the deadline.
- Complete CIT 138, CIT 140, or equivalent transfer before enrolling in B 211 (not concurrently) OR
- Complete the Harvard Spreadsheet Modeling tutorial (see below)
- If you have not already complete CIT 138, CIT 140 with a C- or higher then you need to complete the Spreadsheet Excel Tutorial before the deadline with a 70% or higher.
- If you have already completed CIT 138 or CIT 140 and passed it with a C- or higher you will NOT need to complete this tutorial.
- If you do not complete this tutorial with a C- or higher bythe deadline, you will be dropped from B 211.
- The tutorial takes approximately 25 hours to complete.
How to do the Harvard Spreadsheet Modeling Tutorial
This is a FREE tutorial. It may show that you owe money, but if you keep going through the checkout process you will end up with a $0 balance.
- Go to http://elearninghome.hbsp.org
- Register (you may need the org code 23146)
- Find and launch the "spreadsheet modeling" tutorial and test
- Complete the tutorial and test with a 70% or better - you DO NOT need to do the pre-test, just the post-test.
- Capture the screen with your score (use the printscreen button) and send that image to email@example.com