- Ph.D. University of California, Davis, 2003 - Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Dissertation title: Genetic and Biochemical Charaterization of the C-1027 biosyntheitic cluster from Streptomyces globisporus.
- B.S. BYU, 1997 - Honors Zoology Minor in Chemistry
- LDS Mission: Chile, Santiago North Mission, 1991-1993
- I am interested in developing resources, tools, and techniques that improve the learning environment and learning experience. I am currently working on producing Video tutorials and accompanying note-taking worksheets for Introductory Biology students. I am also involved with the integration and adaptation of C.R.E.A.T.E. pedagogies in classroom setting that improve scientific literacy and skills through the use of primary literature. My research focuses on developing and testing strategies for improving the students experience in Biology.
- Bio 180 - Introduction to Biology I
- Bio 376 - Cell and Molecular Biology
- Bio 377 - Molecular Techniques in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- FDSCI 205 - Understanding DNA