What states have reciprocal certification agreements with Idaho?

Most states in the US have reciprocal agreements with Idaho. These agreements will give you provisional certification in the other states once you have received an Idaho Teaching Certificate. If, however, you move to another state and begin teaching, that new state will most likely have additional requirements that you must meet before you can be fully credentialed in that state. For instance, the other state may have a higher cut off score for the Praxis II Exam than is required in the State of Idaho. This may make it necessary for you to retake the Praxis II exam if your score does not meet the higher standard required by your new state of residence.
In addition some states require additional coursework that was not required in Idaho or they may require courses specific to the state in which you are residing such as a history class covering the history of your new area of residence.
In order to find out the specific requirements of these other states in regards to how you can be fully certified you will need to contact the State Office of Education in that state, You will usually have 3 years to comply with your state of residence's certification requirements before your provisional certification expires or runs out.
Here is a link that shows what Idaho would require you to do to be certified in Idaho if you had received your original teacher certification from another state.
A list of States and Canadian Provinces with which Idaho has reciprocal Agreements can be found here .
This link will take you to a site where you can access any of the 50 states teacher certification requirements
Information at this link explains how these interstate agreements work.

Are there other requirements for certification other than graduating with my BS?

YES! You need to take and pass with a score of 139 or better the PRAXIS II Exam in Biology Content Knowledge (Test #235)
Other Praxis II links
Which tests are required for each certification area? Find out here: https://www.ets.org/praxis/idaho/requirements
When are tests offered? Computer-based: http://www.ets.org/praxis/register/computer/ Paper: http://www.ets.org/praxis/register/paper/
General Information about the Praxis II Exams: http://www.ets.org/praxis/about/praxisii/

You also need to pass ALL of your science and education classes with a C- or better. No D grades will count toward your degree.

What will I be qualified to teach after graduation?

Upon receiving your Biology education degree (800) from BYU-Idaho you will be eligible to teach Biology and you will also be eligible to teach in your education minor subject area,
Upon receiving your Biology Education Composite degree you will only be eligible to teach biology.
One other way that you can be certified in an area other than your major area of study is by qualifying for a teaching endorsement. The requirements for certification to teach in an area of endorsement are explained here .

What is the difference between an Education minor and an education endorsement?

The coursework requirements for an education minor are specific and are determined by the University using the guidelines for certification given by the State of Idaho. These guidelines are a set of minimum coursework requirements that must be completed in order to be certified to teach in a given content area. The University then decides on SPECIFIC coursework that it will require in order to meet the State's guidelines. The student has little or no say in which courses they will take to meet the certification requirements set down by the State of Idaho.
An endorsement in a content area is accomplished by simply taking any 20 credits in a content area as long as the mix of those 20 credits meets the minimum requirements for certification in the content area as set down in the state guidelines for that endorsement area. It does not require that you complete a Univeristy minor to be certified. This link takes you to a site where you can view these minimum state guidelines for all possible areas of endorsement in the state of Idaho.
Whether you have completed a University minor or simply completed the 20 credit requirement for a teaching endorsement makes no difference in what or where you can teach. However the Biology Education major (800) does REQUIRE an education minor be completed. Additional endorsement areas may be added by the student if they have an interest in a 3rd teaching area and have completed 20 credits of work that qualify for an endorsement by the state of Idaho. For instance a missionary who can complete 20 credits in his foreign language may obtain an endorsement to teach that language provided it is one of the languages that are recognized for endorsement by the State of Idaho.
CAVEAT: Some rules for endorsements are changing. See this document to learn the most recent requirements for endorsement AFTER you have already graduated.

What is my responsibility in the certification process.

Applying for Teacher Certification is a POST GRADUATE activity. Once you have officially graduated with your education degree you can then begin the process of applying for teacher certification.
Sister Carol Frongner can help you in some ways but the main responsibility is yours. She is there to help you verify that you have indeed met the requirements for certification but she does not fill out any applications for you, that is your responsibility.
This link will take you to an instruction checklist and information sheet on how to apply for teacher certification in the State of Idaho.
If you plan to apply for certification in other states these links will be helpful:
BYU-Idaho Information on certifying in other states.
This link can take you to each state for information. Also see this link for information on how BYU-Idaho can help.

What areas of endorsement are available in Idaho and what are the certification requirements for them?

Here is a link where you can check out State Certification Requirements.